Thursday, March 22, 2012

I am A Follower by Lenny Sweet


Leonard Sweet’s book I am a Follower: The way, truth, and life of Following Jesus is a deeply impacting tool. I provides its readers with a systematic approach to developing not only a drive for discipleship but a lifestyle which reflects discipleship. Through each of his chapters he uses life stories and personal events, which readers across the board can relate to, so that one might grasp how a life of discipleship might change one’s view on the world. His convincing methods and tools create a paradigm for growth in which believers are able to foster spiritual growth amongst themselves and others. Using the way of Jesus’ example of being the way, truth, and life we come across Sweet’s adoption of this into daily life. I found this book to be very helpful because it provided practical insight which would be applicable to daily life. His presentation was very attainable and by the end of the book I felt closer to Christ and had a day by day plan in which I would be able to grow in discipleship. I enjoyed the perspective which he gave because it gave a biblically sound approach to discipleship in which the method corresponded with the biblical accounts of Jesus’ discipleship practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment